2.4.09

Getting into a shape....that's not round.

Running in the rain is one of my favorite things. Ran in the rain yesterday and did a might good job. I'm more excited about this now than ever. I just hope I can keep up my motivation...which I think I can...if I keep looking at this picture I took of myself last night. GROSS! But I suppose facing reality is one of the best ways to commit to something. I hate the way I look and it's not that I want to look like a model. (I'm 4'10, that's never going to happen!) It's just that I'm rolly polly. I knew I was bad, but hot damn I didn't know I was THAT bad. In case you're wondering what the picture is actually for, I'm planning on taking one a day. (Actually two...one from the from and one from the side.) I'm going to do it for a year and then put together a slideshow so I can see my progress. You guys will get to see my progress too. I might actually do a monthly update just for kicks. (And to test the program that I'm planning on using)

I feel good about this bout. August-October proved to me that I had it in me. And granted I had Maria's wedding and that tight dress as added motivation, but I'm not entirely sure if I care about how awesome I look. Sure, vanity is one of my motivations, but it's not the biggest one nor does it have priority. It's just an added perk. It's just that, when I run, when I work out, I feel so powerful. Each step, each minute that passes, each star that I add to the calendar, each moment I get closer to doing one pull up....I just feel myself being that much closer to being the person I want to be.

I'm really glad I have Andrew along for the ride too. His experience as a distance swimmer helps so much not to mention his attitude and his confidence in me that I can do it. I like asking him about his swimming days and how he pushed himself through countless practices and racing a 500. His just do it attitude amazes me. He's just so good at doing something. He honestly doesn't have excuses and I hope to pick that up from him. This is going to lead to sappiness because a big part of the reason why I'm still with Andrew, why I love Andrew is because of his personality and just his outlook on things. With the exception of my sister, I've never met anyone that I wanted to be so much like until I met him. He definitely knows something I don't, but I think I'm learning it very very slowly. Ok, that was enough of that moment.

I'm excited, I think I've reached an important milestone in my outlook. Let's hope I can keep the motivation up!