31.3.08

I find that relationships are like books. (maybe because I form relationships with my books?) They both start out the same, there's that unexpected feeling of what's to come, the questioning of where this will all lead me. If it's a good story hopefully the characters grow on to you, their presence becoming ever more important. Finally, when you reach the end you're sad to see them go, because you know even as you place them onto the bookshelf, they'll never be part of your life again. You hold on to them, convincing yourself that you can always visit and relive the same stories, you can reread them, but they'll never be the same as they were the first time. Instead of sitting on the bookshelf as reminders that you could always go back, they're just reminders of what was....and are now just collecting dust on the shelf.

I have never been good with endings, nor have I been good with beginnings. I don't want to begin or let go, I'd rather stay in the middle and continue going on as if the only boundary in sight were the horizon. But that can't be, while the middle is enjoyable there's nothing there, and I need to learn to get to the other side.

0 comments: