21.7.08

I'm proud of myself, I made rice and beans and they came out half way decent. I'm so happy that my rice comes out delicious!! Laugh, but I think rice is difficult to make. I simply love cooking, had I realized my fascination in the culinary arts sooner, I might not have gone to a regular university and most certainly a culinary institute. (Although I wonder how I'd feel about cooking when it was my source of income. I'm sure mechanics don't really like their job, even thought hey may love cars.) Though I feel as if my cooking isn't as diversified as I'd like it to be. Nor am I anywhere near my mother's skill...but I'm sure if I cooked enough, I'd get there. And maybe I'd even be able to make more diversified foods, like mix in some of the things Ruthy's introduced me too, with some of my more traditional flavors.

0 comments: