27.3.09

Questionnaires

Q: What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
I've never actually given this any thought nor am I a big fan of superlatives, nothing is ever the ultimate in my opinion. However, I'd have to say that never being able to see my sister again, that would be miserable.

Q: Where would you like to live?
Anywhere near my friends, family and the ocean. I couldn't live blocked off from the sea.

Q: What is your idea of earthly happiness?
Good friends, good food, good drinks and tons of laughter.

Q: To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
My lack of will power and my ability to be easily distracted.

Q: Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
Zorba and Odysseus.

Q: Who are your favorite characters in history?
Marie Antoinette, not because she was a nice person, but because she was audacious. I'm a big fan of ballsy women.

Q: Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
My sister for her selflessness.

Q: Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Tess of the D'ubervilles, Harriet from Harriet the Spy.

Q: Your favorite painter?
Ed Hopper, Gustav Klimt and the obligatory Van Gogh.

Q: Your favorite musician?
Damien Rice, Pyx-Lax, Cake

Q: The quality you most admire in a man?
Sincerity, a good heart and a sense of humor.

Q: The quality you most admire in a woman?
The same as above. I don't think gender makes a big impact when it comes to being a good person.

Q: Your favorite virtue?
Understanding.

Q: Your favorite occupation?
I envy Art and Gym teachers. Ultimately the best occupation though is one that fulfills you.

Q: Who would you have liked to be?
I wouldn't want to be anyone but myself.

Q: Your most marked characteristic?
I'm quite silly.

Q: What do you most value in your friends?
Their understanding and humor.

Q: What is your principle defect?
My desire to do it all and my lack of will power to accomplish any of it!

Q: What would you like to be?
Ultimately, just happy.

Q: What is your favorite color?
It changes daily, but I'll always like black and blue. Like a bruise!

Q: What is your favorite flower?
Lilies, of all sorts.

Q: What is your favorite bird?
Crows.

Q: Who are your favorite prose writers?
Kazantzakis, Kundera, John Irving.

Q: Who are your favorite poets?
Edna St. Vincent Millay, Marge Piercy,

Q: What are your favorite names?
Mythological names and my parents' names actually.

Q: What is it you most dislike?
Selfishness and materialism and general lack of concern for others.

Q: What historical figures do you most despise?
Hmmm, I'd have to get back to you on that.

Q: What event in military history do you most admire?
I don't think I admire any military history!

Q: What natural gift would you most like to possess?
I'd like to be able to draw better and have a much better way with words.

Q: How would you like to die?
In my sleep.

Q: What is your present state of mind?
Bothered by my inability to come up with good answers and bloated. Along with guilty for eating two doughnuts.

Q: What is your motto?
"We come from a dark abyss, we end in a dark abyss, and we call the luminous interval life." Only because it's much more poetic than my "enjoy the moment."

0 comments: